让我们成为更有爱心的人
W.H.Auden / W.H.奥登
Looking up at the stars, I know quite well
仰望群星的时分,我一清二楚,
That, for all they care, I can go to hell,
尽管它们关怀备至,我亦有可能赴地府,
But on earth indifference is the least
可是尘世间我们丝毫不必畏惧
We have to dread from man or beast.
人类或禽兽的那份冷漠。
How should we like it were stars to burn,
倘若群星燃烧着关怀我们的激情,
With a passion for us we could not return?
我们却无法回报,我们作何感想?
If equal affection cannot be,
倘若无法产生同样的感情,
Let the more loving one be me.
让我成为更有爱心的人。
Admirer as I think I am
尽管我自视为群星的崇拜者,
Of stars that do not give a damn,
它们满不在乎,
I cannot, now I see them ,say
现在我看群星,我却难以启齿,
I missed one terribly all day.
说我成天思念一颗星星。
Were all stars to disappear or die,
倘若所有的星星消失或者消亡,
I should learn to look at an empty sky,
我应该学会仰望空荡的天空,
And feel its total dark sublime,
同时感受天空一片漆黑的崇高,
Though this might take me a little time.
虽然这样可能要花费一点时间。
关于爱心的英文诗句篇二
爱心Helping hands
The Son comes up, I start my day.
I get my broom and I’m on my way.
I clean up things that people drop,
From dawn to dusk, I never stop.
I sweep the streets, and make them clean,
And help keep our city green.
太阳升起来,我开始我的一天。
我拿起扫帚走在路上。
我把人们丢掉的东西打扫干净,
从黎明到黄昏,我从不停止。
我打扫街道,使它们干净,
有助于我们的城市环保。
Night is falling, the sky is dark.
The only sounds are dogs that bark.
We drive along the streets all night.
To stop thieves and those who fight.
It’s dangerous job, but we’re brave.
We help keep our city safe.
夜幕降临,天黑了。
唯一的声音是狗的叫声。
我们整晚开车行驶在街道上,
阻止小偷和那些打架的人。
这是一份危险的工作,但是我们很勇敢。
我们有助于我们的城市安全。